Sunday, March 2, 2008

Green with Envy and Weird Men

Last fall my good friend Steph won an all expense paid trip for two to Mexico that she had to use sometime within a year. She won it by calling in to a radio station, she had to be the right number caller, then her name went into the pot with others who had been the right number caller and then they drew her name out of the pot, is she blessed or what? So she and her husband, Geoff, decided to take it now, before all the spring breakers and summer tourists make it too crowded. Since they don't have any family that live close and I couldn't talk her into taking me instead of Geoff, I volunteered to keep two of her four children so they wouldn't have to miss school. Steph & Geoff brought their two oldest girls over last night and Rich drove them to the airport early this morning. Before they left our house last night Geoff and Rich had to goof off a little, so here are the pics...In this next one, Rich had found an old army sleeping bag that was in perfect shape, so he had it dry cleaned. He was so proud of his free find that he had to show it off to Geoff. Of course when Geoff was examining it he noticed that the tag on it said "Do Not Dry Clean", oh well, it's still in one piece. Anyway it must be a male thing to be so proud of a sleeping bag, I don't know, I just don't get it.

Anyway, I'm sure they're having fun lounging on the beach and we're expecting a cold front tonight with rain tomorrow. I hope they don't think about us at all here wet and freezing and that they can have fun and can rest and relax, they really deserve it. I'm going to try not to think about them too much this week or I'll get greener with envy. :p

No comments: